Questions What is a Foreign Trade Zones? Benefits & Basics of FTZ
- Why do companies use Foreign Trade Zones?
- What are inverted tariffs?
- Can import taxes be deferred if I will be re-exporting goods?
- If I manufacture in the FTZ will I have to pay duty on waste, scrap or yield loss?
- Are there cost benefits to using a FTZ?
- There are many benefits the Foreign-Trade Zones program can offer manufacturers and processors located in the United States, the main reasons companies use FTZ are:
- Duty exemption on re-exports
- Relief from inverted tariffs
- Duty reductions due to waste, scrap and yield loss
- Weekly entry savings
- Duty deferral