Home Furnishings Receiving Warehouse – White Glove Delivery
In the highly competitive industry of Home Furnishings and Interior Design there are countless ways to provide customer satisfaction, but one of the most critical is the impression that is left when the goods are finally delivered to the customer’s home. Individuals seeking the vision of a “well feathered nest”, at any income level, always imagine the peace and comfort that accompanies selecting and enjoying the benefits of their hard earned dollars.
Customers of a Home Furnishings Receiving Warehouse include furniture and accessory manufacturers, furniture showrooms, interior designers, architects, artists and craftsman of all types. The Receiving Warehouse is the connection between these sources of Home Furnishings and the end user who enjoys them. The End User is the customer of the showroom, designer or artist and does not consider the relationship between the Receiving Warehouse and the showroom or designer. The End User actually sees the Receiving Warehouse as an extension of the showroom or Interior Designer. In the best case scenario, the Receiving Warehouse is completely transparent to the End User. After a seemingly endless wait to receive their custom finished or upholstered furniture and accessories, the End User does not want to be entangled in the logistics of how their prized possession arrive at their homes, they expect them to appear there as if by the magic of Star Trek-like transportation, placed perfectly for them to enjoy. That is what a state of the art Home Furnishings Receiving Warehouse calls White Glove Delivery!
Some of the functions of a Home Furnishings Receiving Warehouse included:
- Receiving of the goods from Manufacturers, Showrooms and Fabricators via Common Carrier or Dedicated Carriers
- Inspection of Incoming Goods
- Documentation, Identification and Verification of Condition of Goods
- Reporting Results of Inspection to Showrooms or Interior Designers
- Storage & Consolidation of Goods prior to Delivery
- Preparing, Staging and Delivering of Goods to the End User’s Site
- Set-up and Installation of Furnishings according to Plans
- Reconfiguration or Relocation Existing Furnishings as requested
- Filing Freight Claims for Damaged Goods
- Removing Excess Furnishings as required
- Maintaining Inventory and Storing Excess Furnishings for Customers